Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ode to Zola

So this guy tryes to pick me up at the libra room on saturday,
here is the dialoge. I'll be 'julie' he'll be 'buddy'.

insert generic small talk here, bore yourself mentally for a few mins. take a pee break stare at the wall.

buddy:"So whats your sign?"
julie:'I'm a libra'
buddy:"Wow, imagine, meetng a libra in the libra room, that must be speacial."
julie:I smile like I'm ammused, then look at my girlfriend and
she says:'do you wanna go for a smoke?'
julie:'yes'
the boy notices that I have a book wedged into my purse.
buddy:"Oh, what book are you reading?"
I show him the cover of the book which is the real test...
in a few seconds he comes up blank, I offer a branch,
julie:'Emile Zola, Therese Raquin, it's by Zola the tittle is Therese Raquin.'
buddy:"Well it just so happens that I have a book in my back pocket."
he pulls out a book, it's Camus not the outsider but one that startes with an S,
the yamering begins is god dead or just outside myself,what is the purpose of purpose?. Before you know it we're comparing publicaton dates, I come to the conclusion that Zola lead the way for Camus.(zola was published in 1867 camus in 1937)
The man can not follow my idea!!!!!
And turns to talk to a stranger about sports.


I leave to get high,

latter he finds me clams he thought he lost me.

This story is lame I only wanted to say that I put it together on my own that Zola lead the way for Camus, Zola was a naturalist which was a backlash to romantisism which gave birth to exsitalisim.Which if I could try to go on one more limb I would say gave us the phrase "God is dead".

All in all I would like to thank Zola, for my first academic thought.

his boy was one of the cuter ones but my goodness.

No comments: