Thursday, March 23, 2006

Mod night or Fashine Parade?

Do young people go out to be seen in their posh outfits
or to listen to or/and enjoy music?
It's like if I get dressed up to go out I feel like
I'm asking people to look at me
Why can't I just watch and listen unobserved like at home on the t.v.?
Why do people keep coming up to me?
Can't they see I'm watching, trying to be alone?
I Want to be alone.
Today I don't need you to be my sheild
I can go out on my own (damn-it).
Well, when I say alone I really mean clutching my cell phone deep in my jacket pocket
like an electric secirity blanket,
set on vibrate,
eyes glance towards blue screen just to make sure
I haven't missed
a call
your call
their call
last call
I feel thier eyes watching, judging
I know, because mine do the same.
Flicker flicker switch
brain must think in constructive patterens from here on in.
I remind myself for the nth time today.
Gin gin
good thoughts can contain gin
doubles
singles
straight
iced
limed
peeled
olived.

by julie and scott

No comments: